Administrator | Home Health
This Home Health Agency is a rapidly growing community-based healthcare provider, caring for the needs of community residents by collaborating with other healthcare providers, offering patients primary treatment programs and disease management programs beyond the walls of the hospital. The agency is CHAP accredited and dedicated to quality care and service excellence. The Agency is presently funning a census of 2,000+ and part of a national organization, one of the nation’s premier home care service providers. They are known for clinical excellence and as an employer of choice.
The Administrator is responsible for the day to day operations and financial performance of the agency.
The Administrator will:
- Plan, organize, and direct the provision of patient services to achieve the mission, goals, and objectives of the Agency.
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships among the nursing staff, professional support staff and the medical staff.
- Ensure that appropriate standards of patient care and nursing practice are established and implemented, and are consistent with current nursing theory and regulatory requirements.
The Administrator performs duties in accordance with local and corporate policy, federal regulatory requirements, and under the direction/supervision as defined by the corporate organizational chart.
The Successful Candidate
The Administrator will be prepared with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to lead a large and rapidly-growing agency with a patient census of 2,000+, while serving as an example of professionalism and competency for those who aspire to grow with the organization. These requisites include, but are not limited to:
- Education: Master’s Degree in Healthcare, Business, Finance, or Nursing preferred. In the absence of a master’s degree, a quantifiable track record of success, along with demonstrated career progression with high-growth, results oriented organizations will suffice.
- Experience: Minimum of four years of Home Care administration experience required.
- Licenses/Certificates: RN or related clinical licensure preferred. CPR certificate required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to cultivate and nurture mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to develop a team capable of achieving well-respected levels of performance and superior patient care.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory standards impacting home health services.
- Knowledge of home health reimbursement.
- Self-motivated, self-starting personality.
- Proficiency with MS Office and common web applications.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Strong desire to win, but not at all costs.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include annual incentive compensation, fantastic benefits, relocation assistance, and opportunity for growth within one of the largest healthcare companies in the Country.