Administrator (Psychiatric Hospital)
This hospital is a member of one of the premier behavioral hospital companies in the United States. Located in rural Western Louisiana, this hospital offers a spectrum of specialized psychiatric care to a predominantly geriatric patient population. As a smaller, specialized hospital, they offer an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and friendly work environment within a company large enough to provide world-class resources and leadership, but still small enough for individual leaders to make a noticeable impact on the corporation.
Reporting to the Regional VP Operations, the Administrator plans, directs, and manages all facets of operations, maximizing resource utilization, provision of care, and outcomes for patients while ensuring economic viability of the hospital.
The Administrator is accountable for leadership of all hospital employees and delegating and coordinating operations and services to achieve quality indicators. Additionally, the Administrator provides strategic leadership for the Hospital by working with the Governing Board and the leadership team to establish long-range goals, strategies, and policies.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to serve as the senior executive for this psychiatric hospital, building and leading a team capable of world-class psychiatric care. These competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, Finance, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing inpatient psychiatric programs. (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of State and Federal regulations pertaining to reimbursement.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Strong team building capabilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and practices; ability to prioritize activities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex and diverse information promptly.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under stressful circumstances.
- Demonstrated innovative skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive compensation package, including relocation assistance and opportunity for growth within a rapidly growing, innovative organization.