Area Director of Business Development
This rapidly-growing organization is one of the nation’s leaders in post-acute and specialty care. The Houston market consists of multiple specialty hospitals serving a patient population from adolescent to geriatric suffering medically complex conditions. The hospitals strive to help patients reclaim their lives and return home.
Responsible to the local hospital CEO with a dotted line to the Corporate Vice President of Business Development, the Market Director of Business Development is a key member of the organization’s business development team, with responsibility for the greater Houston, Texas market. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The development and performance of all marketing and sales activities to ensure the hospital and market admission and revenue goals are achieved.
- Staffs and directs the clinical sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the market’s vision and values.
- Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for existing and potential referral sources.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of the hospital’s admission goals and profitability.
- Deliver sustainable census growth, consistent with patient profiles reflected in market development strategy.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the sales team (clinical liaisons). Initiates and coordinates development of action plan to penetrate new markets.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all clinical liaisons to build more effective communications, to identify training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of clinical liaisons’ sales and activity performance.
- Ensures that all clinical liaisons meet or exceed admission goals.
- Sets examples for clinical liaisons in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills and work ethic.
- Maintains contact with all referral sources in the market to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Recruits, hires, and trains clinical liaisons based on specific criteria agreed upon by senior management.
- Creates marketing programs, including collaterals and sales tools to support development strategies.
- Controls expenses to meet budgeted guidelines.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to lead the business development function and strategic development of one of the company’s most important markets. These competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, business, healthcare, or related field.
- Clinical background (RN, RT, LVN, etc.) preferred, but not required.
- Proven track record of success with high-growth, fast-paced organizations.
- Track record of success in Long Term Acute Care or Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals.
- Previous business development experience in a hospital environment.
- Previous sales management experience.
- Strong team building capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cultivate and nurture meaningful relationships with referral sources in a competitive marketplace.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will be a skilled member of Houston, Texas market leadership team and will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include a generous base salary, aggressive incentive compensation, fantastic benefits, and opportunity for growth within the company.