Business Office Manager
With 25 Medicare certified beds and a full spectrum of outpatient services, including a Sleep Diagnostic Center fully accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, this Critical Access Hospital and health system is committed to delivering superior clinical care to their community of patients in Belmont County and the surrounding areas. Recently, the hospital was recognized by iVantage Health Analytics and the National Organization of State Office of Rural Health (NOSORH) for excellence in quality and outcomes, reflecting top 25% performance among ALL rural acute care hospitals in the United States.
The Business Office Manager is an important member of the hospital’s management team, with responsibility for management of the hospital business office staff and development and implementation of new systematic approaches to maximize revenue and cash flow. The Business Office Manager pursues denied claims and delinquent accounts, while improving systems, driving billing quality to reduce the likelihood of future denials.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be a skilled member of the hospital management team performing manager-level duties and responsibilities, including management of a team. Requisite competencies for the position include, but are not limited to:
- 3+ years of hospital billing experience, preferably in a Critical Access Hospital environment.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in a hospital billing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel.
- Strong management skills.
- Thorough understanding of hospital reimbursement.
- Excellent understanding of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines and respective regulatory compliance standards.
- Prior experience with RAC and other audits.
- Prior experience managing or participating in surveys of the department.
- Self-motivated/Self-starting personality.
- Strong desire to live and work in a rural hospital requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, but not required.
- Proficient with Allscripts processes.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive compensation package, including a competitive salary, great benefits, and relocation assistance for out-of-town candidates.