Cardiac Cath Lab Director
This hospital is a part of the nation’s largest privately held, physician led healthcare network that includes 36 community hospitals across eleven states. This prestigious healthcare organization has received national recognition for world class care offering primary and specialty services.
Reporting to the hospital’s Chief Nursing Officer, the Cardiac Cath Lab Director will be responsible for the management and leadership of the Cath Lab Department to assure compliance with regulatory standards and enhance the quality of patient care.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Responsible for direction of the staff. Supports and empowers staff to embrace the mission and value statements of the hospital.
- Directs and participates in the human resource management function for the department by coordinating the selection, promotion, orientation, and performance appraisal and management processes.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients and the general patient population as defined by the scope of the department.
- Maintains records pertinent to personnel and operation of the department. Prepares reports as required regarding services, utilization, performance improvement, service data, outcome data, productivity, including long term capital budget and short term operational budget.
- Maintains performance improvement activities for department. Performs competency evaluations of all staff members in a timely manner.
- Provides education to staff on performance improvement. Ability to plan and organize orientation and in-service training for department staff members; participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and hospital regulations.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, and safety and infection control.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing with three (3) years or more experience in direct patient care nursing and in addition a minimum 3 yrs nursing management experience.
- Will consider an ARRT or non-RN Cath Lab Director with the necessary experience.
- Current Arizona RN license or eligible to obtain.
- Successful completion of critical care course as appropriate for department.
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS Certifications.
- Excellent computer knowledge.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include fantastic benefits and opportunity for growth within a rapidly growing organization.