Certified Coding Specialist
Located in Northern New Mexico, this 25-bed Critical Access Hospital offers a full spectrum of services and programs to patients in the community and surrounding areas. They are known as an employer of choice and for clinical excellence.
Reporting to the CFO, the Coding Specialist is an important member of the reimbursement team. The successful candidate is responsible for coding inpatient and outpatient medical records utilizing current ICD-10 and CPT-4 classification systems. Code selection is based on established coding principles and guidelines in a manner to support general billing. Ongoing responsibilities include data entry, database maintenance, and retrieval of information from reports and indices. The Coding Specialist may be trained to complete one or more specialty tasks assigned to the coding section, i.e. data control or reporting to legally mandated registries.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be prepared with:
- AAPC CPC or AHIMA CCS Certification.
- ICD-10 experience and certification (preferred).
- Minimum of one year of hospital, clinic, and physician coding experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office and common web applications.
- Self-motivated, self-starting personality.
As a key member of the hospital reimbursement team, the Coding Specialist will receive a highly competitive compensation package, including a competitive hourly rate, excellent benefits, and opportunity for professional growth.