Chief Marketing Officer
This is West Texas' premier inpatient rehabilitation hospital and a member hospital of one of the premier specialty hospital companies in the United States. Located in Greater El Paso, this hospital's focus is rehabilitation and it is CARF certified (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) in both comprehensive rehabilitation and brain injury rehabilitation. As a smaller, specialized hospital, they offer an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and friendly work environment where you have an opportunity to know your patients and their families.
Responsible to the local hospital CEO, the Chief Marketing Officer is a key member of the organization’s business development team, with responsibility for the greater El Paso, Texas market. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The development and performance of all marketing and sales activities to ensure the hospital and market admission and revenue goals are achieved.
- Staffs and directs the clinical sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the market’s vision and values.
- Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for existing and potential referral sources.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of the hospital’s admission goals and profitability.
- Deliver sustainable census growth, consistent with patient profiles reflected in market development strategy.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the sales team (clinical liaisons). Initiates and coordinates development of action plan to penetrate new markets.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all clinical liaisons to build more effective communications, to identify training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of clinical liaisons’ sales and activity performance.
- Ensures that all clinical liaisons meet or exceed admission goals.
- Sets examples for clinical liaisons in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills and work ethic.
- Maintains contact with all referral sources in the market to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Recruits, hires, and trains clinical liaisons based on specific criteria agreed upon by senior management.
- Creates marketing programs, including collateral and sales tools to support development strategies.
- Controls expenses to meet budgeted guidelines.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to lead the business development function and strategic development of one of the company’s most important markets. These competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, business, healthcare, or related field.
- Clinical background (RN, RT, LVN, etc.) preferred, but not required.
- Proven track record of success with high-growth, fast-paced organizations.
- Track record of success in Long Term Acute Care or Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals.
- Previous business development experience in a hospital environment.
- Previous sales management experience.
- Strong team building capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cultivate and nurture meaningful relationships with referral sources in a competitive marketplace.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will be a skilled member of El Paso, Texas market leadership team and will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include a generous base salary, aggressive incentive compensation, fantastic benefits, and opportunity for growth within the company.