Chief Nursing Officer
This specialty hospital is a member hospital of a national operator of specialty and post-acute hospitals. With markets in all time zones in the contiguous US, this organization empowers local leaders to drive superior clinical outcomes with world class perspective and experience.
This organization is seeking a Chief Nursing Officer to join the Specialty Hospital management team. The CNO plans, directs and monitors the delivery of nursing and care for the Complex Medical Programs. Understands and integrates the needs of adult and geriatric patients in the organization and delivery of nursing care. Key areas of responsibility include day-to-day operational management, staffing, personnel management and development, medical staff communication, facilitation of intra- and interdepartmental relations, and monitoring the quality and appropriateness of care and clinical outcomes. The CNO maintains current knowledge and conformance with regulatory requirements for areas of oversight. Completes electronic PPR (periodic performance review) annually and completes plans of correction as identified in PPR and implements corrective actions in a timely manner. The CNO actively participates in the development of the capital and operating budgets and in the development and implementation of new clinical programs. The CNO maintains sound professional philosophy, commitment to standards of excellence in patient care, exercises strong communication across all levels of staff, assists in program development, and ensures the competency, professional growth, and technical development of all members. The CNO is responsible for maintaining competency and providing clinical leadership.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will possess:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing; BSN and/or MSN degree preferred
- Three to five years of critical care, medical-surgical , LTAC, and/or rehabilitation nursing experience
- Current valid RN license or eligibility for licensure in the State of PA.
- American Heart Association BLS for the Healthcare Provider and ACLS certifications or ability to obtain.
- Strong assessment and clinical skills, with demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have demonstrated experience in work with multiple departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will be a skilled member of the hospital’s senior management team and will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include a generous base salary, aggressive incentive compensation, fantastic benefits, and opportunity for growth within the company.