Chief Sales & Marketing Officer
This organization is the largest and fastest growing third-party administrator of employee benefits in the United States. With more than 45 office locations, they operate in a class of their own, delivering world-class resources, technology, services, and support to an array of client organizations from coast to coast.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer is a consummate professional, responsible for the implementation and effectiveness of the organization’s sales, marketing, and corporate communications strategy. The Chief Sales and Marketing Officer is a relationship-driven leader who embraces the aggressive demands of leading the sales, marketing, and corporate communications function of a world-class organization. This road warrior serves as the organization’s subject matter expert in relationship development and strategic growth. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management and ongoing development of the sales team.
- Development and execution of sales and marketing strategies to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Reporting progress to the Board of Directors once or twice annually, as directed by the CEO.
The Successful Candidate
The Chief Sales and Marketing Officer demonstrates proficiency in the design and implementation of highly successful sales, marketing, and corporate communications teams. With a quantifiable track record of success in high-accountability, fast-paced organizations, the this dynamic leader possesses the knowledge, skills, and ability to drive and manage the rapid growth of this large and rapidly-growing organization, within the boundaries of their mission, vision, and core values. These competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Willingness to travel as necessary to meet strategic objectives and fulfill commitments to clients, prospective clients, and other stakeholders. (70-90%)
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization, up to and including the Board of Directors.
- Ability to oscillate between the organization’s high-level strategy and the details of day to day execution.
- Ability to effectively coach, develop, and manage a successful sales team, while participating as an individual contributor for key initiatives.
- Ability to manage an effort of approximately 80% sales and 20% marketing and communications, with a background reflecting commensurate responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge of provisions and implications of Taft-Hartley plans.
- In-depth understanding of Labor Unions and possession of the knowledge and experience necessary to effectively navigate these complex business landscapes.
- 10+ years of progressive sales enterprise leadership in a business to business environment, with direct exposure or within health plans, TPAs, or related markets, with direct exposure to Taft-Hartley plans.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Self-motivated, self-starting personality.
The Chief Sales and Marketing Officer will receive a highly competitive compensation package, including:
- Generous base salary.
- Aggressive incentive compensation.
- Stock options.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Health savings account.
- Flexible spending account.
- Life Insurance / AD&D.
- Short and long-term disability.
- 401(K) plan with generous employee match.
- 11 Holidays each year.