Client Services Executive
This organization is the largest and fastest growing third-party administrator of employee benefits in the United States. With more than 45 office locations, they operate in a class of their own, delivering world-class resources, technology, services, and support to an array of client organizations from coast to coast.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Client Services Executive provides Client Service to Taft-Hartley Benefit funds to meet and exceed client expectations. The Client Services Executive acts as liaison between the Boards of Trustees, and professionals of the Benefit Funds with the company’s operations team. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of the client relationship with assigned client(s). Responsible for creating and executing an account strategy that will help develop a value-based relationship with each client. Set and manage client expectations and activity, including identifying and developing additional service opportunities and coordinating delivery of services. Understand and stay up-to-date on the client's business situation, strategy and needs.
- Provide continuous internal communications to enhance operational effectiveness in dealing with critical client issues. Work with the Operations, Accounting and IT teams to develop and implement best practices and on business service challenges, product quality and solutions to enhance service delivery.
- Facilitate client meetings, including meeting agenda preparation oversight, report generation and follow-up.
- Review and approve client financial statements, Summary Plan Descriptions, benefit communications and other client documents. Implement client requirements, filings, fund communications, and changes in benefit programs.
- Monitor revenue, expenses and profitability of clients to ensure financial goals are met. Recommend and obtain client fee increases, and prepare contracts and amendments.
- Maintain effective communications and working relationships with clients, management and staff, as well as government agencies, participants, unions, contributing employers, and fund advisors.
- Coordinate activities with New Business Sales Team to identify, acquire, implement and ultimately transition non-client entities into the company’s Book-of-Business.
- Perform duties in a consultative manner in an effort to make self and the company indispensable to client.
- Lead implementation process for new business and existing business from a client facing perspective.
- Provide daily leadership to Client Services team consistent with management values and mission.
- Work with Operations Leaders to assist them in assigning, distributing and monitoring quality and quantity of work produced, ensuring employees are held accountable for consistently meeting quality and production requirements.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of this position in a fast-paced, high-accountability environment. This includes, but is not limited to the following competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5+ years of progressive sales or client services enterprise leadership in a business to business environment, with direct exposure or within health plans, TPAs, or related markets, with direct exposure to Taft-Hartley plans.
- Strong knowledge of provisions and implications of Taft-Hartley plans.
- In-depth understanding of Labor Unions and possession of the knowledge and experience necessary to effectively navigate these complex business landscapes.
- Prior experience interacting with public figures, high net worth, and/or entertainment field individuals desirable
- Exceptional team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly.
- Highly developed sense of professionalism, maturity, integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, manage multiple priorities and consistently deliver high-caliber results.
- Ability to understand complex situations and effectively resolve issues.
- Understanding of benefits operations and processes (health & welfare and retirement), to include payment of claims, interpretation of contracts, communication of benefits, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision-making and organizational skills, with the ability to optimize the use of all available resources and deliver on multiple priorities.
- Exceptional analytical and problem resolution skills; ability to exercise independent, sound judgment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Proficiency with MS Office and common web applications.
- Self-motivated, self-starting personality.
- Willingness to travel as necessary to meet strategic objectives and fulfill commitments to clients, prospective clients, and other stakeholders.
The Client Services Executive will receive a highly competitive compensation package, including:
- Generous base salary.
- Bonus potential.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Health savings account.
- Flexible spending account.
- Life Insurance / AD&D.
- Short and long-term disability.
- 401(K) plan with generous employee match.
- 11 Holidays each year.