Client Services Manager
This organization is the largest and fastest growing third-party administrator of employee benefits in the United States. With more than 45 office locations, they operate in a class of their own, delivering world-class resources, technology, services, and support to an array of client organizations from coast to coast.
Reporting to the Vice President of Client Services, the Client Services Manager provides Client Service to Taft-Hartley Benefit funds to meet and exceed client expectations. The Client Services Manager assists in the management of and has secondary responsibility for assigned health and pension clients. Complex decision making regarding technical, administrative and regulatory issues is frequently involved.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attends and assists in the preparation of client meetings, including agendas, action items, reports, and appeals.
- Provide daily supervision of and leadership to Client Services Administrative Assistant and Client Services Specialist consistent with management values and mission. Develop staff through performance management, goal setting, training, and effective employee relations. Review and approve timecards, time off requests and accuracy of payroll processing.
- Organizes, coordinates, researches and oversees client benefits and programs.
- Coordinate and lead implementation, and updating as applicable, of client projects both internally as well as externally with client vendors.
- Understand and stay up-to-date on the client's business situation, strategy and set and manage client expectations and activity, including coordinating delivery of services.
- Coordinates Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs), Summary of Material Modifications (SMMs), plan documents and booklets, benefit communications and other client-related information.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all meeting minutes and/or summaries and follow-up reporting.
- Provide ongoing internal communications to enhance company’s operational effectiveness. Work with the Operations, Accounting and IT teams to develop and implement best practices and on administrative services, product quality and solutions to enhance service.
- Ensures the timely research, documentation and completion of all benefit appeals.
- Manage updates to client web sites and coordinate with internal IT and client communications consultant on execution.
- Coordinates data requests from advisors and auditors.
- Researches, monitors and assists in implementing regulatory and legislative changes and compliance in administrative services. Assures timely completion of regulatory-related tasks, mailings and filings.
- Researches and investigates problems and resolves issues to maintain positive client relations.
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the company and the team through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of this position in a fast-paced, high-accountability environment. This includes, but is not limited to the following competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5+ years of progressive sales or client services enterprise leadership in a business to business environment, with direct exposure or within health plans, TPAs, or related markets, with direct exposure to Taft-Hartley plans.
- Strong knowledge of provisions and implications of Taft-Hartley plans.
- In-depth understanding of Labor Unions and possession of the knowledge and experience necessary to effectively navigate these complex business landscapes.
- Exceptional team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly.
- Highly developed sense of professionalism, maturity, integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, manage multiple priorities and consistently deliver high-caliber results.
- Ability to understand complex situations and effectively resolve issues.
- Understanding of benefits operations and processes (health & welfare and retirement), to include payment of claims, interpretation of contracts, communication of benefits, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision-making and organizational skills, with the ability to optimize the use of all available resources and deliver on multiple priorities.
- Exceptional analytical and problem resolution skills; ability to exercise independent, sound judgment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Proficiency with MS Office and common web applications.
- Self-motivated, self-starting personality.
- Willingness to travel as necessary to meet strategic objectives and fulfill commitments to clients, prospective clients, and other stakeholders.
The Client Services Manager will receive a highly competitive compensation package, including:
- Generous base salary.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Health savings account.
- Flexible spending account.
- Life Insurance / AD&D.
- Short and long-term disability.
- 401(K) plan with generous employee match.
- 11 Holidays each year.