Clinical Nurse Educator
This Medical Center has provided Phoenix with 100 years of expert healthcare. Over the years, it has become a premier medical center, known for its pioneering work in the fields of cardiac medicine, robotic surgery, orthopedics, and bariatric procedures. This medical center also has a separate campus located near the Arizona State University. This separate campus offers a broad range of medical services, from a busy emergency department to specialty programs like wound care and pain management. Additionally, this hospital is a part of the nation’s largest privately held, physician led healthcare network that includes 36 community hospitals across nine states.
Reporting to the hospital’s Chief Nursing Officer, the Clinical Nurse Educator is responsible for the development and administration of evidence- and theory-based, clinical staff development programs with the primary goal of improving the quality of patient care by increasing the competence of all personnel involved in the delivery of patient services through the creation and promotion of healthy teaching, learning and work environments. The Clinical Nurse Educator will also teach nurse orientation to nurses hired for SLMC / TSLH campuses. Also responsible for ongoing education and certification compliance.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program of professional nursing.
- AZ RN License and BSN Required; MSN preferred
- Requires three to five years of current clinical experience; must be knowledgeable of nursing process, adult learning principles, and curriculum development; evidence of continuing education; possess service orientation qualities that complement the organization's philosophy in guest relations.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills when working or interacting with residents, their families, and other staff members.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include fantastic benefits and opportunity for growth within a rapidly growing organization.