Corporate Director of Labor Relations
This organization is the largest and fastest growing provider of employee benefits in the US. They are well-known as an employer of choice in the greater Settle area and the leader in their industry. Due to the organization’s rapid growth and the organization’s unique value of HR leaders, HR professionals experience the opportunity to cross train and advance to new levels much faster than most organizations across the US.
The Director of Employee & Labor Relations acts as a trusted advisor to all levels of management and other HR leaders across the country. This leader will be well versed in HR Operations, Benefits, Compensation, HRIS, Recruiting, and very strong in Labor Relations.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of this Corporate Director-level position. This includes, but is not limited to the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HR, Communications, Business, or related field.
- Track record of success in fast-paced, high-accountability environments.
- Minimum 5 years of Senior HR leadership and employee/labor relations experience, consulting on complex employee relations issues.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to proactively manage and administer a broad range of tasks, including resolving complaints, counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies, procedures, and union agreements.
- Commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality when dealing with personal information, compensation and benefit information.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management and supervision in a union environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with Company policies, practices and culture.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondences; create and roll-out presentations and trainings to leadership and employees.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer service approach to problem solving.
- Inspires trust and open communication.
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration.
- Solid utilization of business software Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS.
- Possession of self-starting, self-motivated attitude.
The Director of Employee & Labor Relations is a skilled member of the HR leadership team. As such, they will receive a competitive compensation package, to include:
- Competitive salary.
- Full suite of health benefits.
- Ability to participate in the company’s retirement plan.
- Opportunity for growth.