Hospital GL Accountant
Based in Garland, Texas, this organization is one of the Country’s fastest growing post-acute hospital companies. Working in the organization’s corporate office, you will work alongside highly accomplished executives, assisting with the financial management of a National portfolio of hospitals. This organization is an employer of choice in the markets they serve and well-known for high quality care of medically complex patients. This organization is a great place for those who seek to advance their skills and grow their career with a reputable, financially-strong, growing company.
Working in the corporate office and reporting to the Manager of Accounting, the Accountant is responsible for the General Ledger of 3-4 small hospitals in a multi-site, multi-state territory. The hospital accountant is a key member of the finance & accounting team and will be instrumental in the efficient management of their covered hospitals and the company as a whole.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to manage the accounting function of their assigned hospitals within a culture of performance. These core competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- 1+ years of hospital accounting experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and current trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Very strong skills with MS Excel.
- Positive mental attitude.
- Track record of success in a fast-paced, high-accountability environment.
The Hospital Accountant will receive a highly competitive compensation package, including, but not limited to:
- Generous base salary.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- Life and AD&D insurance.
- Short and long-term disability insurance.
- Critical Illness Insurance.