Director of Accounting
Based in greater Austin, Texas, this organization is one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing private companies in the United States, for the last 3 years in a row! They are a one-stop-shop for organizations around the globe seeking turnkey data center power and cooling infrastructure systems or project management, critical infrastructure portfolio management, ongoing maintenance, or upgrades in equipment or components for backup power, power protection, or mechanical infrastructure. Their rapidly-expanding client base is 80% domestic and 20% international.
For the owners of this organization, what they do is only half the equation. All employees of the organization share an ownership mindset, within a culture of performance built upon the values of Integrity, Trust, Ingenuity, High Performance, Partnership, and Excellence. They take pride in a socially responsible approach to business and seek like-minded, high-performing leaders to join their team.
Imagine working in a new office building, owned by your employer, in the Texas Hill Country with an unobstructed view of Lake Travis! As the Director of Accounting for this organization, you will enjoy this beautiful physical work environment and a company culture conducive to personal and professional success. You will report to the owners of the organization, maintaining general responsibility for the financial and accounting functions of this growing company.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ongoing financial analysis.
- Payroll submission and recording in Sage.
- Job cost reconciliation for projects.
- Supervision of warehouse management and inventory management.
- Month to month close out and month end, to include making sure payroll ties out in SAGE.
- SAGE reporting and Analytics Setup.
- Supervision of invoice entry process.
- Supervision and review of purchasing process.
- Assisting with implementation and management of AMEX BIP and JPM SUA programs.
- Review of savings measures on OpEx costs.
- Review of invoices for payments and preparation of check runs and ACH Batch Payments.
- Expense report tracking and administration.
- Serving as an intermediary with outsourced payroll company.
- Review policies and procedures and recommend revisions, additions, or opportunities to make processes more efficient.
- Documentation of undocumented procedures.
- Assisting with building an onboarding of a training program for SAGE usage.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be a skilled member of the corporate management team, displaying the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position within a rapidly-growing company. The competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited four-year university.
- Master’s degree in accounting (preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel, and common web programs.
- Previous experience and familiarity with Timberline or SAGE 300 CRE.
- 7+ years of accounting experience.
- 3+ years of progressive management experience.
- Self-motivated personality.
- Natural sense of urgency.
- Desire to work in a highly autonomous environment with high accountability.
- Ability to multi-task effectively with critical assignments.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and build teams capable of achieving well-respected standards of performance.
- Adherence to principles of servant leadership.
- Ability to embrace the values of Integrity, Trust, Ingenuity, High Performance, Partnership, and Excellence in every-day work, decision making, and leadership.
The Director of Accounting will receive a highly competitive compensation package, including:
- 100% employer-covered medical benefits.
- Retirement plan.
- 100% employer-funded cancer policy.
- Generous salary.
- Incentive compensation.
- Relocation assistance.