Director of Health Information Management
Located in beautiful Southwestern Georgia, this Critical Access Hospital and Health System is one of the most progressive organizations of their kind. The hospital offers a full spectrum of services, including a robust outpatient program and a collocated Skilled Nursing Facility for extended care. This organization is financially sound and run by one of the most talent-minded CEO’s in Georgia’s Critical Access Hospital community.
Responsible to a participative, involved, and helpful CFO, the Director of Health Information Management is responsible for medical records, coding, regulatory and HIPAA compliance, and assists in the hospital’s ongoing initiatives for positive patient relations.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will possess a track record of success as a leader in Health Information Management in a CAH (critical access hospital) environment. He/she will possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to help this organization continue their tradition of excellent patient care and community service. These competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in healthcare, business, finance, or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the HIM function of a CAH/Rural Hospital.
- RHIA or RHIT certification.
- AHIMA or AAPC Coding Certification highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office and common web applications.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Strong leadership and talent development skills.
- Self-motivated personality.
- Strong desire to contribute to the long-term success of their employer.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include:
- Competitive salary.
- Fantastic benefits.
- Relocation assistance.
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage.
- Opportunity for professional growth.