Director of Respiratory Therapy
This hospital is a member hospital of one of the fastest growing and most successful specialty hospital companies in the United States. Located in Washington DC, this hospital offers a full spectrum of specialized services and programs to patients who require extended acute hospitalization. The hospital’s goal is to help patients reclaim control of their lives, reach their highest level of functioning and return home to their families. As a smaller, specialized hospital, they offer an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and friendly work environment where you have an opportunity to know your patients and their families.
The Director of Respiratory Therapy is a hands-on leader with administrative responsibility and accountability for the management and direction of the operational activities of the Respiratory Therapy Department. These functions are performed in collaboration with hospital administration, other leaders, medical staff, and other stakeholders, and are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as the parent company’s philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
The Successful Candidate:
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in respiratory care required; Master's degree preferred.
- Registry from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Licensed in the District of Columbia as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (or eligible to obtain upon hire).
- Three to five years of clinical leadership experience in respiratory care in an acute care facility of long term care hospital.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations impacting in respiratory care.
- Extensive knowledge of human respiratory anatomy, physiology and pathology as related to respiratory care.
- Knowledge of the operation of respiratory care equipment and its application in a clinical setting.
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated and able to function independently while balancing clinical and administrative responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office and common web applications.
This organization offers a highly competitive compensation package and opportunity for professional growth.