Executive Director (ALF & Memory Care)
This facility is a brand new, state-of-the-art memory care living community with 24-hour comprehensive care for patients living with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, with 30 additional Skilled Nursing beds. This organization applied decades of experience to build this organization to the highest levels of safety and comfort to reduce anxiety for residents and their loved ones.
This facility is owned and operated by one of the leading healthcare companies in the Country. Through principles of continuous process improvement, teamwork, integrity, fiscal responsibility, and endless customer service, this organization is known for clinical excellence in specialty hospitals, behavioral health, and senior living.
The Executive Director is accountable for operational oversight of the Senior Living Community in a manner that optimizes provision of care and services for the resident. Additionally, the Executive Director:
- Sets the business strategy, mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Builds a Senior Management team that will fulfill the Mission of the organization and successfully meets strategic, operational and programmatic goals approved by the Governing Board.
- Is responsible for creating the culture of the organization.
- Supports employee and resident education to enhance knowledge, skills and necessary behaviors to facilitate health.
- Assists with managing occupancy and monthly financial performance for the property.
- Maintains positive working relationships with all residents, resident family members , employees, and the business community.
- Responsible for all operations , acting as contact for all staff , residents, prospects, community organizations, government agencies and the public.
- Supervises, directs, and motivates all department heads, supervisors, and staff.
- Maintains superior training and morale.
- Ensures training programs are effectively executed.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention through consistent delivery of high-quality services.
- Provides leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving problems and resolving issues.
- Administers annual resident satisfaction survey.
- Maintains budget accountability, aggressively anticipates and minimizes negative budget variances and deficits.
- Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property.
- Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
- Assists with the hiring, training, and discipline of associates in accordance with company policies.
- Reviews hires, promotions, disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates with attention paid to consistency in the selection and retention of quality personnel.
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards of excellence.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with community.
- Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community.
- Represents the facility and the company to governmental agencies, professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate public agencies / groups.
- Keeps current on competitive projects and programs in the marketplace.
- Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department.
- Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to lead this extraordinary Assisted Living and Memory Care Facility. These competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- LNHA required.
- Three to five years of progressive leadership in senior living and/or skilled nursing.
- Strong managerial skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Current knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations impacting Senior Living facilities.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in a professional setting.
- Proven skills in hiring, training, evaluating, motivating, and discipline of staff.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and common web programs.
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
The Executive Director will receive a highly competitive compensation package, including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary.
- Incentive compensation.
- Fantastic medical and dental benefits.
- Retirement plan.
- Opportunity for growth within a national organization.