Group Manager (Director), Contribution Accounting / Eligibility Fund
Based in Bothell, WA, this private equity sponsored organization is the largest and fastest-growing Third Party Administrator (TPA) in the United States. With over a half Century of benefit plan administration experience, 1,500+ team members, and 45 locations across the United States, this organization provides the technologies, services, systems, and support methodology to self-funded benefit plans to help meet the demands of increasingly complex and rapidly evolving regulatory changes in a cost-effective manner.
Reporting to the VP of Accounting, The Accounting Director will be responsible for overseeing a team of 50-60 FTE across offices nationwide. The Accounting Director is part of the Contribution Accounting team and will directs group contribution accounting and eligibility fund operations, and supports client services in accordance with Company guidelines, client needs and legislative requirements.
- Manages and develops staff through performance management, goal setting, training, and effective employee relations.
- Will assist in the development and management of the national budget to ensure efficient operations are within budget guidelines.
- Oversees internal systems, policies and procedures to ensure contribution accounting/eligibility operations are in compliance with client needs, new developments, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Resolves escalated contribution accounting/eligibility issues for clients.
- Oversees quality and quantity of work produced ensuring that appropriate quality and production internal service level agreements have been met, and insuring employees are held accountable and expectations are consistently met.
- Maintains communications and effective working relationships with management (including client services and all other operational units) and staff as well as clients, government agencies, unions, participants, attorneys, and consultants.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. This includes, but is not limited to the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of employee benefits operations management and client services experience.
- Experience working for a Third-Party Administrator, Insurance, or Healthcare Company preferred.
- Contribution accounting and eligibility experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Inspires trust and open communication.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondences.
- Self-motivated and self-starting personality.
The Accounting Director will be a skilled member of the Contribution Accounting leadership team. As such, they will receive a competitive compensation package, to include:
- Competitive salary.
- Full suite of health benefits.
- Ability to participate in the company’s retirement plan.
- Opportunity for growth within the Nation’s largest and fastest-growing TPA!