Help Desk Manager
With offices in Las Vegas, Nevada, this private equity sponsored organization is the largest and fastest-growing Third Party Administrator (TPA) in the United States. With over a half Century of benefit plan administration experience, 1,500+ team members, and 45 locations across the United States, this organization provides the technologies, services, systems, and support methodology to self-funded benefit plans to help meet the demands of increasingly complex and rapidly evolving regulatory changes in a cost-effective manner.
The Position (Full-Time / Direct-Hire)
The Help Desk Manager will lead the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support team, 7-8 FT employees, located across three offices in Las Vegas. The team provides support to 1,400+ users across the US.
As a Help desk manager, you will have a solid technical background combined with customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position. This is a hands on leader who is technically very savvy and can work well with all levels of the team and internal customers.
The Held Desk Manager ensures high quality technical support and increase customer satisfaction.
- Insures day-to-day Help Desk service delivery meets or exceed customer expectations and SLAs, including active management of tickets and timely resolution of issues.
- Collaboratively works within and across business departments to help identify and resolve customer issues and communicate outcome and any follow-up actions.
- Lead, manage, develop, train, and review performance of nationally distributed staff
- Ensure all employee issues and concerns are addressed in a timely manner, encourage involvement from a staff and foster a positive team environment.
- Measure, monitor and maintain customer service and satisfaction.
- Foster good customer relations and service at all times.
- Manage and Schedule training and development for all the technical support team i.e. new equipment, skills enhancement, etc.
- Manage, monitor and maintain the knowledge database and functionality to include: tracking tickets issued, outstanding, completion time, etc.
- Develop and maintain department policies, procedures and processes, as required
- Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on help desk team's productivity.
- Provide customer feedback to appropriate internal IT Management.
- Provide technical support assistance to help desk staff as required in complete assigned tasks.
- Manage IT inventory.
- Perform other duties assigned by management.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. This includes, but is not limited to the following competencies:
- Must have minimum of 5 years management experience in help desk and tech support services field.
- Experience with: Project Management, Road Mapping, Process Improvement.
- Hands on experience with help desk and remote control software.
- Minimum 5 years in a primary systems administrator role, supporting Microsoft Active Directory, file services, DHCP and print servers.
- Minimum 5 years in supporting a national wide deployment of Windows workstations, including GPO, Windows Update services and image deployments.
- Prior experience with MDM deployments including MaaS360 and Meraki preferred.
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience.
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude.
- Team management skills.
- Experience managing remote staff.
- Experience in development of new processes and asset tracking.
- Experience operating with trouble ticketing systems
- Able to maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- A+ Certification and/or MCSA Certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Information Technology or relevant field preferred.
The Help Desk Manager will be a skilled member of the IT team. As such, they will receive a competitive compensation package, to include:
- Competitive salary.
- Full suite of health benefits.
- Ability to participate in the company’s retirement plan.
- Opportunity for growth within the Nation’s largest and fastest-growing TPA!