This Hospice Agency is a rapidly growing community-based healthcare provider caring for the needs of community residents by collaborating with other healthcare providers, offering patients primary treatment programs and disease management programs beyond the walls of the hospital. They are accredited and dedicated to quality care and service excellence, and well-known as a joint venture between one of the largest hospital systems in the Country and one of the nation’s fastest-growing providers of Home Care services.
The Hospice Director (Administrator) is responsible for the day to day operations and financial performance of the Hospice program and has the authority from the governing body to perform their responsibilities for operating the agency.
The Hospice Director will:
- Plan, organize, and direct the provision of patient services to achieve the mission, goals, and objectives of Hospice.
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships among the nursing staff, professional support staff and the medical staff.
- Ensure appropriate standards of patient care and nursing practice are established and implemented, consistent with current nursing theory and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate the provision of end of life care in a cost-effective manner in the patient's residence.
The Successful Candidate
The Hospice Director is the organization’s leader in their respective market. As such, the Director will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to lead a growing hospice program in a highly completive market. These competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare, Business, Finance, or Nursing preferred.
- In the absence of a Bachelor’s degree, a quantifiable track record of success, along with demonstrated career progression with high-growth, results oriented organizations will suffice.
- Minimum of four years of Home Care administration experience in Hospice required.
- Minimum of 1 year of patient care experience in Hospice preferred.
- RN license, or eligible, in the State of Michigan preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong team building capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, self-starting personality.
- Track record of success in fast-paced, high-accountability environments.
- Ability to build and coach teams capable of achieving well-respected goals.
- Proficiency with MS Office and common web applications.
The Hospice Director will receive a highly competitive compensation package including, but not limited to:
- Generous base salary.
- Fantastic medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Opportunity for growth within one of the fastest-growing companies of their kind.