Hospital Director of Business Development
This specialty hospital is a member hospital of one of the country's premier specialty hospital companies. Located in greater Lake Charles, this organization is a joint venture with one of the large systems in the area, providing Long Term Acute Care services to a patient population adolescent to geriatric.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Business Development is generally responsible for building and maintaining census as well for the overall management of the Professional Relations staff. The DBD’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The development and performance of all marketing and sales activities to ensure the hospital’s admission and revenue goals are achieved.
- Staffs and directs the clinical sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the hospital’s vision and values.
- Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for existing and potential referral sources.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of the hospital’s admission goals and profitability.
- Deliver sustainable census growth, consistent with patient profiles reflected in market development strategy.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the sales team (clinical liaisons). Initiates and coordinates development of action plan to penetrate new markets.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all clinical liaisons to build more effective communications, to identify training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of clinical liaisons’ sales and activity performance.
- Ensures that all clinical liaisons meet or exceed admission goals.
- Sets examples for clinical liaisons in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills and work ethic.
- Maintains contact with all referral sources in the market to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Recruits, hires and trains clinical liaisons based on specific criteria agreed upon by senior management.
- Creates marketing programs, including collaterals and sales tools to support development strategies.
- Controls expenses to meet budgeted guidelines.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be prepared with:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, business, healthcare, or related field.
- Clinical background (RN, RT, LVN, etc…) preferred.
- Proven track record of success with high-growth, fast-paced organizations.
- Previous business development experience in a hospital environment.
- Previous sales management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship-building capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will be a skilled member of the hospital’s senior management team and will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include a generous base salary, aggressive incentive compensation, fantastic benefits, and opportunity for growth within the company.