Hospital HIM & Coding Manager
Located in Northern New Mexico, this 25-bed Critical Access Hospital offers a full spectrum of services and programs to patients in the community and surrounding areas. They are known as an employer of choice and for clinical excellence.
Reporting to the CFO, the HIM Manager is an important member of the leadership team. The successful candidate is a hands-on leader, responsible for medical records and coding. Coding responsibilities include inpatient and outpatient medical records utilizing current ICD-10 and CPT-4 classification systems. Code selection is based on established coding principles and guidelines in a manner to support general billing. Ongoing responsibilities include data entry, database maintenance, and retrieval of information from reports and indices.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be prepared with:
- 1+ years of hospital HIM and coding experience.
- AAPC CPC or AHIMA CCS Certification.
- AHIMA RHIA or RHIT certification preferred, but not required.
- ICD-10 experience and certification (preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office and common web applications.
- Self-motivated, self-starting personality.
As a key member of the team, the HIM Manager will receive a highly competitive compensation package, including a competitive hourly rate, excellent benefits, and opportunity for professional growth.