Infection Control Practioner
This hospital is a member hospital of a regional care provider in the Mid Atlantic. Located in the Washington DC metro area, this hospital offers a full spectrum of specialized services. As a smaller, specialized hospital, they offer an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and friendly work environment where you have an opportunity to know your patients and their families.
Reporting to the hospital’s Chief Nursing Officer, the Infection Control Practitioner facilitates and coordinates the hospital Infection Prevention programs to assure compliance with regulatory standards and enhance the quality of patient care.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Current State RN license or eligible District of Columbia.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive acute care experience to include at least three in infection control.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Certification in Infection Control preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills when working or interacting with residents, their families, and other staff members.
- Ability to communicate in English effectively through verbal and written means to extent necessary to perform job duties appropriately.
- Ability to work under stress and to respond quickly in emergency situations.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include fantastic benefits and opportunity for growth within a rapidly growing organization.