Infection Control Practitioner (RN)
This Medical Center has provided Phoenix with 100 years of expert healthcare. Over the years, it has become a premier medical center, known for its pioneering work in the fields of cardiac medicine, robotic surgery, orthopedics, and bariatric procedures. This medical center also has a separate campus located near the Arizona State University. This separate campus offers a broad range of medical services, from a busy emergency department to specialty programs like wound care and pain management. Additionally, this hospital is a part of the nation’s largest privately held, physician led healthcare network that includes 36 community hospitals across nine states.
Reporting to the hospital’s Director of Quality Management, the Infection Control Practitioner facilitates and coordinates the hospital Infection Prevention programs to assure compliance with regulatory standards and enhance the quality of patient care.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Current Arizona State RN license or eligible.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive acute care experience to include at least three in infection control.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Certification in Infection Control “CIC” Required
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills when working or interacting with residents, their families, and other staff members.
- Ability to communicate in English effectively through verbal and written means to extent necessary to perform job duties appropriately.
- Ability to work under stress and to respond quickly in emergency situations.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include fantastic benefits and opportunity for growth within a rapidly growing organization.