Infection Control Practitioner
This hospital is a member hospital of one of the nation’s leading operators of general acute hospitals. This hospital’s parent company owns, operates or leases 106 hospitals in 18 states with approximately 17,000 licensed beds. Located minutes from downtown Austin, Texas our clients hospitals is a level IV Designated Trauma Center with more than 600 healthcare professionals working together to provide inpatient, outpatient, surgical and emergency care for the greater Austin region.
Reporting to the hospital’s Chief Quality Officer, the Infection Control Practitioner facilitates and coordinates the hospital Infection Prevention programs to assure compliance with regulatory standards and enhance the quality of patient care.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Current Texas State RN license or eligible.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive acute care experience to include at least three in infection control.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Certification in Infection Control “CIC” Preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills when working or interacting with residents, their families, and other staff members.
- Ability to communicate in English effectively through verbal and written means to extent necessary to perform job duties appropriately.
- Ability to work under stress and to respond quickly in emergency situations.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include fantastic benefits and opportunity for growth within a rapidly growing organization.