Manager, Contribution Accounting / Eligibility Operations
With offices in Alameda, CA, this private equity sponsored organization is the largest and fastest-growing Third Party Administrator (TPA) in the United States. With over a half Century of benefit plan administration experience, 1,500+ team members, and 45 locations across the United States, this organization provides the technologies, services, systems, and support methodology to self-funded benefit plans to help meet the demands of increasingly complex and rapidly evolving regulatory changes in a cost-effective manner.
Reporting to the Regional Accounting Director, The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing a team of 13-15 FTE in the Alameda, California office. The Accounting Manager is part of the Contribution Accounting team and will manage contribution accounting and eligibility fund operations, and support client services in accordance with Company guidelines, client needs and legislative requirements.
- Responsible for making recommendations for local contribution. Plans, assigns, and evaluates the work of subordinates for effective local contribution accounting/eligibility operations.
- Oversees internal systems, policies and procedures to ensure contribution accounting/eligibility operations are in compliance with client needs, new developments, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Resolves escalated contribution accounting/eligibility issues for clients.
- Manages and develops staff through performance management, goal setting, training, and effective employee relations.
- Oversees quality and quantity of work produced ensuring that appropriate quality and production internal service level agreements have been met, and insuring employees are held accountable and expectations are consistently met.
- Will assist in the development and management of the local budget to ensure efficient operations are within company guidelines.
- Maintains communications and effective working relationships with management (including client services and all other operational units) and staff as well as clients, government agencies, unions, participants, attorneys, and consultants.
- Accounting/eligibility operations in the areas of compensation, staff selection, disciplinary action, complaints, staff performance appraisals, internal service level agreements, and similar supervisory duties.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. This includes, but is not limited to the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- 3+ years of employee benefits operations management and client services experience.
- Experience working for a Third-Party Administrator, Insurance, or Healthcare Company preferred.
- Contribution accounting and eligibility experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Inspires trust and open communication.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondences.
- Self-motivated and self-starting personality.
The Accounting Manager will be a skilled member of the Accounting team. As such, they will receive a competitive compensation package, to include:
- Competitive salary.
- Full suite of health benefits.
- Ability to participate in the company’s retirement plan.
- Opportunity for growth within the Nation’s largest and fastest-growing TPA!