Market Director of Business Development
This organization is one of the largest and fastest growing specialty hospital companies in the United States. They operate multiple free-standing Long Term Acute Care Hospitals in Central Texas. The Market Director of Business Development will oversee the entire market, collaborating with hospital CEOs at each location and managing an experienced team of proven professionals to expand the organization’s footprint and provide maximum value to Central Texas community.
Reporting to the CEOs of the hospitals with a dotted line to the AVP Sales, the Market Director of Business Development is generally responsible for building and maintaining census as well for the overall management of the Professional Relations staff for the Central Texas market. The DBD’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The development and performance of all marketing and sales activities to ensure the hospitals’ admission and revenue goals are achieved.
- Staffs and directs the clinical sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the hospital’s vision and values.
- Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for existing and potential referral sources.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of the hospital’s admission goals and profitability.
- Deliver sustainable census growth, consistent with patient profiles reflected in market development strategy.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the sales team (clinical liaisons). Initiates and coordinates development of action plan to penetrate new markets.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all clinical liaisons to build more effective communications, to identify training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of clinical liaisons’ sales and activity performance.
- Ensures all clinical liaisons meet or exceed admission goals.
- Sets examples for clinical liaisons in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills and work ethic.
- Maintains contact with all referral sources in the market to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Recruits, hires and trains clinical liaisons based on specific criteria agreed upon by senior management.
- Creates marketing programs, including collaterals and sales tools to support development strategies.
- Controls expenses to meet budgeted guidelines.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be prepared with:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, business, healthcare, or related field.
- Clinical background preferred, but not required. (RN, RT, LVN, etc…)
- Proven track record of success with high-growth, fast-paced organizations.
- Previous business development experience in a hospital environment (LTAC or IRF strongly preferred).
- Previous sales management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong desire to create a significant impact on a growing organization who recognizes, appreciates, and rewards the contributions of their leaders.
The successful candidate will be a skilled member of the hospital’s senior management team and will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include:
- Generous base salary.
- Aggressive incentive compensation.
- Fantastic benefits.
- Relocation Assistance.
- Opportunity for growth within the company.