Market Director of Plant Operations
This pair of hospitals are members of one of the premier specialty hospital companies in the United States. Located in Washington DC, they offer a full spectrum of specialized services and programs to patients who require extended acute hospitalization. The hospital’s goal is to help patients reclaim control of their lives, reach their highest level of functioning and return home to their families. As smaller, specialized hospitals, they offer an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and friendly work environment where you have an opportunity to know your patients and their families.
Reporting to the Market CEO, the Director of Facilities Operations maintains responsibility for operations in two locations. He or She:
• Is responsible for facilitating installation, maintenance and alterations of all hospital machinery, equipment, alarm and power systems of the entire hospital and related entities.
• Manages work of others, assigns tasks and arranges work schedules as needed or assigned. Initiates service for repairs beyond the scope of the Plant and Facilities department.
• Organizes and coordinates construction within the hospital and other construction projects as assigned by the Administration.
• Ensures compliance of licensure requirements/all governing body regulatory agency requirements and Human Resource and employee development.
• Is responsible for budgetary compliance as relates to utility, repair and maintenance and labor.
• Manages rental property repair, lease renewals and monetary compliance.
• Manages the Security department and participates on the safety committee.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university and 2 years of experience managing facilities/engineering/plant operations in a hospital environment.
The Director of Facilities Management will have knowledge of local, state, and federal guidelines and regulatory standards. They will have prior experience managing the survey process for their department, and they will have advanced understanding of budget, maintenance repair and preventative maintenance including electrical, gas, oil, steam, HVAC and air conditioning systems, boiler plant, plumbing and the ability to read and understand technical specifications and blueprints.
The successful candidate will be a skilled member of the corporate leadership team and will receive a highly competitive compensation package, including:
- Relocation Assistance.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, dental, life, vision, short term, and long term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Opportunity for professional growth.