Nurse Practitioner | Medical Oncology
This hospital’s expanding Oncology department is accredited with commendation by the CoC of the American College of Surgeons, the gold standard for cancer programs. Located in greater Wakefield, Rhode Island this organization offers the highest level of care to patients in need of cancer services.
Reporting to the VP of Physician Services, the Nurse Practitioner will primarily provide support in the office-based practice to physician colleagues by following up on consultations as required. The NP will work together with other healthcare team members to ensure the greatest quality of care to patients. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and provide care to cancer patients.
- Create individualized care plans and chart patient’s response to treatment.
- Teach patients and families regarding treatment expectations.
- Administer chemotherapy and practice fatigue management.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be a registered Nurse in the State of Rhode Island with an active, unrestricted license. As a member of the care delivery team of the Cancer Center, the successful candidate will demonstrate a level of competency consistent with this organization’s standards for superior patient care. Required competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Experience in oncology and/or hematology, preferred
- Must possess current BLS (by American Heart Association Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office and common web applications.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school or college of nursing; MSN.
This organization offers a highly competitive compensation package, to include fantastic benefits and opportunity for growth within their organization.