This hospital is a member hospital of one of the nation’s leading operators of general acute hospitals. This hospital’s parent company owns, operates or leases 106 hospitals in 18 states with approximately 17,000 licensed beds. Located minutes from downtown Austin, Texas our clients hospitals is a level IV Designated Trauma Center with more than 600 healthcare professionals working together to provide inpatient, outpatient, surgical and emergency care for the greater Austin region.
Reporting to the hospital’s Chief Nursing Officer, the Director of Pharmacy is responsible for the overall direction of pharmacy operations, human resources, and financial management of the Pharmacy department. This includes responsibility for all drug distribution in the facility, ensuring that the pharmacy provides optimal services and meets all legal, regulatory, accreditation, and certification requirements while complying with all applicable policies, procedures, codes and standards of the medical center.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy. PharmD preferred
- Must have a valid license to practice as a pharmacist in the state of Texas
- Minimum of five (5) years of hospital pharmacy experience required, with at least two (2) years of management or supervisory experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills when working or interacting with residents, their families, and other staff members.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include fantastic benefits and opportunity for growth within a rapidly growing organization.