Program Manager - Dialysis
This global conglomerate is one of the largest healthcare providers in the US and well-known for superior dialysis services. As a large organization, they offer leaders the help and support necessary to build world class clinical programs in an inpatient and clinic setting.
The Acute Program Manager will have operational and P&L responsibility for acute dialysis programs in 10+ hospitals in the greater Albuquerque, NM market. As the program manager, you will:
- Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Monitor costs/spending in all areas including medical supply inventory, personnel and accounts payable.
- Determine innovative ways to reduce costs and maintain quality.
- Ensure proper staffing and operations at all contracted facilities.
- Ensure efficient staff/patient scheduling and efficient staffing utilization following company policy while maintaining a safe environment.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Act as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Be responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, development, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Maintain technical proficiency with the specific department and knowledge of industry practice and business principles.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Review profit and loss statements for greater understanding of specific department performance.
- Collaborate with contracted facility representatives to maintain a state of survey readiness for internal and external agency surveys.
- Work with contracted facilities to resolve specific department issues as suggested/directed as a result of a survey.
- Maintain and prepare QAI data and presentations.
- Participate and present at meetings with internal and external representatives, often leading a collaborative effort among members of a project team.
- Interact with internal departments and external customers; particularly in problem resolution and acting as the industry expert on behalf of the customer.
- Ensure compliance with hospital regulations and participate in surveys conducted by TJC, CMS, OSHA and other agencies.
- Ensure a proper orientation and training program for all clinical and technical staff.
- Ensure continuing in-services are provided to all clinical and technical staff.
- Maintain documentation of all training.
- Conduct and document acute staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Ensure provision of dialysis and related services such as hemoperfusion, apheresis, continuous renal replacement therapies, peritoneal dialysis, and UF complete if contracted to do so.
- Ensure treatment information is documented appropriately by staff performing treatments and oversees billing for services performed is timely and accurate.
- If appropriately licensed, perform treatments as necessary to assist in times of high census, staffing shortages, and/or to assist with managing staffing costs as appropriate.
- Confer routinely with Technical Program Manager and Technical Operations Manager to ensure preventative maintenance program for routine machine maintenance, to ensure the timely repair of disabled machines, to coordinate infection control measures, routine culturing, water testing, logging of results, transportation of equipment and supplies and communicate technical information to the staff.
- Ensure all acute treatments are performed in contracted hospitals according to the established policies and procedures and in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensure efficient utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
The Successful Candidate
The Acute Program Manager is a valued member of the regional leadership team. As such, the successful candidate must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform at this level. Basic competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, business, healthcare, or related field.
- Valid, unrestricted RN license (or eligible) in the State of New Mexico.
- 3+ years of dialysis program leadership experience.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Strong management skills and ability to build successful teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Proficiency with MS Office and common web applications.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive compensation package, to include:
- Generous salary.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Retirement plan.
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Ability to work alongside industry leaders, in an industry-leading organization.