RN - Inpatient Dialysis
This 30-bed specialty hospital is a member of a physician-led national organization specializing in post-acute hospital care for patients requiring extended hospitalization for medically complex issues.
The Dialysis Registered Nurse operates within the hospital's core values to provide in-depth clinical expertise in nursing practice. As a Registered Nurse, the successful candidate will be responsible for the assessing, planning, delivery, and evaluating each level of nursing care provided to patients throughout their stay. They will also actively plan for the management of patient outcomes across the continuum of care. This will require work in close cooperation with specialists in a variety of disciplines, including (but not limited to) Physicians, Pharmacists, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Wound Care, Dietary Therapy, and Social Work.
The specific duties of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting comprehensive patient assessments.
- Providing care for patients and management of their conditions, with regard to vital signs, lab work and patient response and condition during dialysis. The dialysis RN will know how to recognize and respond to adverse effects during a dialysis treatment based on symptoms such as vital sign or LOC changes.
- RN will be knowledgeable regarding the maintenance of the dialysis equipment, testing and appropriate paperwork.
- Collaborating with Physicians and various disciplines within the hospital in order to manage patient care.
- Assisting the medical staff with in-house surgical procedures.
- Interacting and communicating with patient family members.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be a Registered Nurse in the State or Missouri with an active, unrestricted license. As a member of the care delivery team and a very important part of the dialysis program, the successful candidate will demonstrate a level of competency consistent with this organizations standards for superior patient care. Required competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Positive attitude and empathetic personality.
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Minimum of one year of dialysis nursing experience, preferably in an inpatient environment.
- Knowledge of best practices for superior patient care in a dialysis environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office and common web applications.
- High degree of professionalism.
This organization offers a highly competitive compensation package, to include fantastic benefits and opportunity for growth within their very unique organization.