Service and Special Projects Advisor
Based in greater Austin, Texas, this organization is one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing private companies in the United States, for the last 3 years in a row! They are a one-stop-shop for organizations around the globe seeking turnkey data center power and cooling infrastructure systems or project management, critical infrastructure portfolio management, ongoing maintenance, or upgrades in equipment or components for backup power, power protection, or mechanical infrastructure. Their rapidly-expanding client base is 80% domestic and 20% international.
For the owners of this organization, what they do is only half the equation. All employees of the organization share an ownership mindset, within a culture of performance built upon the values of Integrity, Trust, Ingenuity, High Performance, Partnership, and Excellence. They take pride in a socially responsible approach to business and seek like-minded, high-performing leaders to join their team.
The Service and Special Projects Advisor is a client and vendor facing role, managing the organization’s work on both the service and projects sides of the house. Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1Project Management of work identified as Special Projects:
- UPS Battery Program replacements.
- UPS Change-outs.
- Generator replacements/removals.
- ATS Replacements.
- Controls Monitoring - i.e. Sensaphone and other monitoring platform installs.
- Additional projects as directed by management.
Learn and become proficient with scheduling software.
Direct the efforts of the Project Coordinator supporting Special Projects.
- Scheduling of the work with clients and vendors.
- Follow-up for timely delivery of the vendor reports.
- Noting concerns and potential problems to the client with possible corrective actions.
- Assist with pricing and proposal of recommended repairs and scheduling of the repairs.
Managing the testing owned equipment for resale.
- Data capturing of equipment testing.
- Taking photos of testing procedure.
Responsible for training warehouse personnel for safe electrical practices.
In conjunction with Senior Service Advisor:
- Develop and Manage relationships with Battery and DC Plant vendors.
- Develop and Manage relationships with Service vendors/providers.
- Develop and Manage relationships with Facility Management Clients.
Work with Procurement to perform Vendor surveys.
Service work order tracking and reporting.
Coordination / Tracking of all service renewals with Account Management / Sales / Service Coordinator.
Coordination with Account Management and Service Coordinator for Past Due Accounts Receivables?.
The Successful Candidate
The successful Service and Special Projects Advisor demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to manage a growing portion of the organization’s project and service work. These competencies include, but are not limited to:
- 5+ years of project management experience in the commercial/industrial electrical trade.
- Background in power systems and power systems rollout preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively with critical projects.
- Proficiency with MS Office and common web applications.
- Positive mental attitude.
- Willingness to travel 20-30% as required by the demands of the role. (generally two to three days per week)
- Exemplary work ethic.
- Desire to make an impact and grow with an organization.
- Technical knowledge of the electrical trade and power systems.
The Service and Special Projects Advisor will receive a highly competitive compensation package, including:
- 100% employer-covered medical benefits.
- Retirement plan.
- 100% employer-funded cancer policy.
- Generous salary.
- Incentive compensation.
- Relocation assistance.
- Opportunity for growth.