Sr. Network Engineer
With offices in Las Vegas, Nevada, this private equity sponsored organization is the largest and fastest-growing Third Party Administrator (TPA) in the United States. With over a half Century of benefit plan administration experience, 1,500+ team members, and 45 locations across the United States, this organization provides the technologies, services, systems, and support methodology to self-funded benefit plans to help meet the demands of increasingly complex and rapidly evolving regulatory changes in a cost-effective manner.
The Sr. Network Engineer provides technical expertise, strategic and tactical planning and maintains documentation of core network infrastructure including the implementation and design of hardware and software. This position performs network analytics and is able to report on capacity, availability of the enterprise network.
The Senior Network Engineer performs root cause analysis, level 3-problem resolution and demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. This position works closely with the Director of Infrastructure & VoIP services team in daily support & projects to establish strategies and priorities to support and maintain the highest availability of the overall network environment.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the engineering, design, and maintenance of a multisite enterprise network.
- Provide primary network infrastructure support for day-to-day requests and projects.
- Troubleshoot, respond, and resolve to enterprise support tickets
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and provide after-action report (AAR) following unplanned outages.
- Implement new network infrastructure technologies according to company standards & polices as required.
- Perform maintenance and upgrades as required to ensure corporate SLAs are met.
- Maintain historical network infrastructure performance data for capacity planning, trend analysis, and performance tuning.
- Troubleshoot problems and respond to inquiries in development, staging, and production environments. Including Firewalls, Load Balancers, Routers, and Switches.
- Participate in capacity planning, forecasting, performance analysis and network tuning
- Track and document processes, procedures and core configuration builds
- Participate in disaster recovery testing and the updating/maintenance of disaster recovery scripts and documentation
- Interacts with Infrastructure and Security Teams to ensure that networked computing platforms are not interfering with customer service performance metrics
- Responsible for oversight to ensure the efficient operation and management of Network Infrastructure
- Perform on-call duties and travels as required
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of this senior-level position. This includes, but is not limited to the following competencies:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in network design, planning, and implementing scalable, highly available, mission critical network infrastructures.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in managing enterprise network routing and switching platforms, including:
- Cisco Switches (65xx, Nexus 7K Hybrid, FEX, 36xx, 29xx, etc)
- Cisco Routers (43xx & 29xx)
- Cisco Get VPN
- 5+ years of experience in managing Palo Alto and ASA firewalls including VPN integrations.
- 5+ years of experience with a variety of routing protocols with redistribution including OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP
- 5+ years of experience with network concepts including STP, VPC, MPLS, QoS, and VLAN design
- 3+ years of experience with packet capture tools/software
- 3+ years of experience with Netflow analysis tools (Examples: Solarwinds, Scrutinizer, LiveAction)
- Certification such as CCNP or CCIE preferred
- Ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment while being motivated to take the lead on projects
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills.
The Sr. Network Engineer will be a skilled member of the IT leadership team. As such, they will receive a competitive compensation package, to include:
- Competitive salary.
- Full suite of health benefits.
- Ability to participate in the company’s retirement plan.
- Opportunity for growth within the Nation’s largest and fastest-growing TPA!