Vice President of Client Servcies
This organization is the largest and fastest growing third-party administrator of employee benefits in the United States. With more than 45 office locations, they operate in a class of their own, delivering world-class resources, technology, services, and support to an array of client organizations from coast to coast.
Reporting to the Chief Client Officer, the Vice President of Client Services is a consummate professional, directing regional client services functions for assigned organizationally complex clients, and providing leadership guidance, direction, and oversight to client servcies management staff, in accordance with Company guidelines, client needs, and legislative requirements. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading client services staff, where appropriate, demonstrating leadership qualities consistent with management values and mission.
- Developing staff through performance management, goal setting, training, and effective employee relations.
- Oversight of internal systems, policies and procedures to ensure operations are in compliance with client needs, new developments, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Coordinating with sales and marketing personnel for new business development and implementation of regional business strategy, planning, and goal setting.
- Monitoring revenue, expenses, and client profitability to ensure financial goals are met.
- Developing and managing departmental budget to ensure efficient operation within budget guidelines.
- Developing client revenue projections and budgets.
- Maintaining communications and effective working relationships with management and staff as well as clients, government agencies, unions, participants, attorneys, employers, and consultants.
- Resolving customer/client service issues and oversight of successful implementation of new clients.
- Monitoring government filings and current government regulations.
- Directing implementation process for new business and existing business from a client facing perspective.
- Coordinating activities with New Business Sales Team to identify, acquire, implement, and ultimately transition non-clients into the Book-of-Business.
The Successful Candidate
The Vice President of Client Services demonstrates proficiency in the design and implementation of highly successful client services and business development teams. With a quantifiable track record of success in high-accountability, fast-paced organizations, this dynamic leader possesses the knowledge, skills, and ability to drive and manage the rapid growth of this large and rapidly-growing organization, within the boundaries of their mission, vision, and core values. These competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Willingness to travel as necessary to meet strategic objectives and fulfill commitments to clients, prospective clients, and other stakeholders. (50%)
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization, up to and including the Board of Directors.
- Ability to oscillate between the organization’s high-level strategy and the details of day to day execution.
- Ability to effectively coach, develop, and manage a successful sales team, while participating as an individual contributor for key initiatives.
- Exceptional team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly.
- Strong knowledge of provisions and implications of Taft-Hartley plans.
- In-depth understanding of Labor Unions and possession of the knowledge and experience necessary to effectively navigate these complex business landscapes.
- 10+ years of progressive sales or client services enterprise leadership in a business to business environment, with direct exposure or within health plans, TPAs, or related markets, with direct exposure to Taft-Hartley plans.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Proficiency with MS Office and common web applications.
- Self-motivated, self-starting personality.
The Vice President of Client Services will receive a highly competitive compensation package, including:
- Generous base salary.
- Aggressive incentive compensation.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Health savings account.
- Flexible spending account.
- Life Insurance / AD&D.
- Short and long-term disability.
- 401(K) plan with generous employee match.
- 11 Holidays each year.